New to linux; How to install Asus A7V266-E Sound Driver
Yesterday I installed Red Hat 7.3 on my computer (together with windows 2000). As I got an sound error starting Linux, I decided to d/l linux sound driver for my motherboard. I found it there :
/pub/ASUS/misc/audio/c-media/cm275a_lx.zip in the site of asus (I can't put the web address)
I did what the README file says, but it gives an error while compiling linux modules. Here what the README says :
STEPS TO BUILD DRIVER
1. Backup the Config.in and Makefile in the sound driver directory
The Configure.help provide help when you config driver in step
4, please backup the original one (/usr/src/linux/Document) and
copy this file.
The cmpci is document for the driver in detail, please copy it
to /usr/src/linux/Document/sound so you can refer it. Backup if
there is already one.
2. Extract the tar file by 'tar xvzf cmpci-xx.tar.gz' in the above
3. Change directory to /usr/src/linux
4. Config cm8338 driver by 'make menuconfig', 'make config' or
'make xconfig' command.
5. Please select Sound Card (CONFIG_SOUND=m) support and CMPCI
driver (CONFIG_SOUND_CMPCI=m) as modules. Resident mode not tested.
For driver option, please refer 'DRIVER PARAMETER'
6. Compile the kernel if necessary.
7. Compile the modules by 'make modules'.
8. Install the modules by 'make modules_install'
The compiling error refers to ../sound/aci.h from miropcm20-rds-core.c
In directory /usr/src/linux-2.4.18-3/drivers/media/radio
Have I done something wrong ? I'm a complete newbie so help me if you can !