Need Directions on how to do this type of Printer install
In the latest setup of my network at home, I would like to connect my Printer, an Epson Stylus 888 (Same as the 880) to an old box I have running RH 9 (shrike) in Text Mode.
Details to be noted:
- CUPS is installed and activated
- System does NOT have USB, so this will be a parallel port connection
- I have setup Printers before in RH, But never through text mode
- I CANNOT run graphical. brwoser based utils, so localhost:631 is NOT possible.
-And I want to share this printer across the network.
So what I need to know is:
- Where are the files I will need to edit (names and locations please), and what fields do I need to modify.
- If anyone knows if the driver is already there for my printer or do I need to DL it?.
-Any other advice/suggestions will be gladly excapted.
Thanks in advance