Hello everyone. I am planning to purchase a "Mini PC" to use as an always on personal home server for things like Apache, Postfix, Samba, Bind, and as a router/switch via IPTables NAT. I'd run the server on VMWare Server, so I'd need hardware that can support VMWare as well.
What I'm looking for is:
- Complete system, except not including a hard drive, CD ROM, or floppy drive. I also already have a good new PC (ATX?) 450 W power supply, but I think it's too big to fit into a mini PC.
- Dual Core CPU, 2 GB RAM
- Able to fit a 3.5" SATA drive
- On-board video, and it's ok if the video sucks, and in fact I'd prefer if it sucked since all it will ever display is a Linux login prompt and a blinking cursor in plain text mode, so I'd feel guilty if it had good video.
- As many Ethernet ports on-board as possible, at least 2.
- Lowest possible power consumption. Noise and physical size don't matter so much.
- No software installed. I'll do it myself. (I'll just temporarily plug in an old 52X CD ROM into the machine during the install).
I've done some searching of Google and this forum, and found quite a few options, but so far the winner is the SLIMPRO SP635B from www.cappuccinopc.com
. Does anybody have any other suggestions?