You have two issues and should probably start another thread for the sound problem. To fix the mouse pointer issue, do this
- Open a root terminal session or change to the root account from a standard terminal session.
- Edit the X Windows configuration.
weibullhost ~ # nano -w /etc/X11/xorg.conf
- Revise the "Device" section as follows:
VendorName "Videocard vendor"
BoardName "nVidia Corporation C51 PCI Express Bridge"
## Fixes Red Hat bug #182517
Option "HWCursor" "off"
- Save the file and exit nano.
- Log out and log back in. Your mouse pointer should be restored.
Edit: If you later install Compiz/XGL, the missing mouse pointer problem may return. Comment out the Option if it does.