My firewire drive has disappeared! (FC3)
I kicked out the plug from my power strip this morning by accident, power cycling my FC3 box in the process. I can't remember the last time I rebooted. It was a loooong time ago.
I was dismayed to discover that the box no longer sees my external Lacie firewire drive. Here are the symptoms:
- Power cycling the Lacie drive shows nothing in dmesg
- The drive used to exist at /dev/sda1, there is nothing there now
- Lsmod shows sbp2, ohci1394, ieee1394, and scsi_mod
- In dmesg I can see the lines:
ieee1394: Initialized config rom entry `ip1394'
ohci1394: $Rev: 1223 $ Ben Collins <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- It appears the FW interface is recognized ok (as seen through the Gnome hardware browser)
- I have another FC3 box and I plugged the disk in the there and it was recognized immediately, so its not the drive.
Any ideas? I'm desperate! This is my backup drive.
Many thanks in advance...