Linux - HardwareThis forum is for Hardware issues.
Having trouble installing a piece of hardware? Want to know if that peripheral is compatible with Linux?
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
I had originally posted this over at newbies but received no response. After having read a few helpful pages I have been able to get my RH9 install to recognize my lexar 4 card reader. What I have done:
3. Added the cfc, smc, mmc, and msc files to the mnt directory.
1. I do not know where to put the script. I had it in root but the cd player wouldn't work on loading.
2. The different card formats seem to change their lun position (ie: the mmc device has shown up as both sdb1 and sdc1 across reboots).
3. Can I do away with the script if I recompile the kernel to probe for multiple luns? I believe the answer is yes but need to learn to recompile a kernel at this point.
4. When mounting the device after running the script post-boot I cannot write to the card. My first guess would be that this is an ownership problem but figured I would include this as this is about where I stopped trying to make this work-just building up the motivation for another salvo.