Lexar multi-card reader problems
I had originally posted this over at newbies but received no response. After having read a few helpful pages I have been able to get my RH9 install to recognize my lexar 4 card reader. What I have done:
1. Created the script:
echo "scsi add-single-device 0 0 0 0">/proc/scsi/scsi
echo "scsi add-single-device 0 0 0 1">/proc/scsi/scsi
echo "scsi add-single-device 0 0 0 2">/proc/scsi/scsi
echo "scsi add-single-device 0 0 0 3">/proc/scsi/scsi
2. Added the following lines to fstab:
/dev/sda1 /mnt/cfc vfat rw,user,noauto 0 0
/dev/sdb1 /mnt/smc vfat rw,user,noauto 0 0
/dev/sdc1 /mnt/mmc vfat rw,user,noauto 0 0
/dev/sdd1 /mnt/msc vfat rw,user,noauto 0 0
3. Added the cfc, smc, mmc, and msc files to the mnt directory.
1. I do not know where to put the script. I had it in root but the cd player wouldn't work on loading.
2. The different card formats seem to change their lun position (ie: the mmc device has shown up as both sdb1 and sdc1 across reboots).
3. Can I do away with the script if I recompile the kernel to probe for multiple luns? I believe the answer is yes but need to learn to recompile a kernel at this point.
4. When mounting the device after running the script post-boot I cannot write to the card. My first guess would be that this is an ownership problem but figured I would include this as this is about where I stopped trying to make this work-just building up the motivation for another salvo.