Internal Dell Wireless card not working on Slackware 10.1
Hey Everyone. I forget when I registered, but I remember I did, so I figured this would be the best place if any to ask the following question:
(Please note I am a complete beginner - I'd appreciate some simple & slow answers, with details - or giving me a link to a tutorial to read.. thanks!)
I am trying to get my internal ethernet wireless card to work, manufactured by Dell. I'm not even sure if Slackware supports the driver for the card, so allow me to list the card: 1370 WLAN Mini-PCI.
I am running Slackware 10.1 on a Inspiron 2200 laptop.
The answers to the following questions are having to be typed, as I am reading the text off of my laptop (laptop isn't connected to the internet - that's what happens when you are in a dorm room!)
The following answers are answers to the questions taken from the "Read Before Posting" thread/announcement in this forum section.
1. Output for /sbin/lspci: (Because I'm typing, I'll include the output for the network controllers, Host bridge and the PCI bridge only:
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 2590 (rev 03)
00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corp. 82801BAM/CAM PCI Bridge (rev d3)
02:03.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation: Unknown device 4318 (rev 02)
02:08.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 1068 (rev 03)
2. As I stated above, I'm running Slackware 10.1. The kernel is Linux 2.4.29 i686
4. This is a laptop... do you really need this info? Ugh!
5. I don't think this is necessary, and I don't feel like typing all of it. But if you ask for it, I'll certianly be willing to provide you with this info upon request.
6. Yeah, I've searched google extensivley already.
7. N/A ... Not a USB device
So, any suggestions or comments?
Thanks so much for the help,