Installed ati driver on slackware 9.1 and.... nothing happened?
1. I downloaded the RPM dirver from ati's website for my Radeon 9800 pro.
2. I ran rpm2tgz to convert the file to native slackware package format
3. I ran installpkg and installed the package.
4. The package is listed under pkgtool but has no description.
5. Nothing changed. I can't switch resolutions and I can't run the fglrconfig command.
I looked at my xfree86 config file and found that the driver was set to the vesa driver. Apparently the package didn't change anything. Is it supposed to? Because I can' seem to find any material on the web that tells me to edit the x config file. In fact, I don't even know the name of the driver the x config file should link to (rather than vesa)
ATI's website dosn't tell me really anything... help would be much appriciated!
After looking at a few sites, it seems that I have to compile a custom kernal module.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:26 PM.|