How to INSTALL not BOOT Slackware 11.0 from USB flash?
I did it bootable not INSTALLABLE. So ther`s how and what i did:
1. Downloaded all Slackware 11.0 and add to directory /home/ftp/pub/Linux/Slackware/slackware-current from -
2. Downloaded and installed ms-sys from -
3. Downloaded all 9 files and put them in /usr/local -
4. Then: cd /user/local and run command:
SLACKROOT=/home/ftp/pub/Linux/Slackware/slackware-current sh /usr/local/create_multipartboot.sh 3700
5. Then: cd /tmp/slacboot and write the usbhd.img
dd if=usbhd.img of=/dev/sda
To BOOT from flush is allright and works grate. But i need to INSTALL from USB flash NOT BOOT!! :tisk:
For booting can use lilo - ofcourse :D
Anybody can help me? :confused:
If you keep the USB disk to FAT32 and keep all Slackware data, then you can install using that. Just select other while installing.
I mean, start the installer, there is an option.. from preexisting files on HDD or something like that.
I don`t have any preexisting HDD
My HDD is empty.:scratch:
And the reason why a have to install from USB is because my cdrom is dead:mad:
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:28 PM.|