(F13) Surround Sound Problem. Built in sound card, blue port not working.
Hello. I need help in setting a surround sound on my Fedora 13 desktop. I did
some research and follow some guides, but my subwoofer and rear speakers still
do not output any sounds but Front speaker is Ok.
I'm using a built-in sound card on my ASUS motherboard. I have pulseaudio, kmix and alsamixer installed.
lspci | grep device
I need to know how to ouput sound from Light Blue port. here's exactly what my built in sound card look like.
Thanks in advance. My apology if I put this on wrong section.
since no-one has replied...lets start with some facts.
If pulseaudio is truly in control of your sound....running alsamixer (as a local user) should show only one slider....pls confirm
2) you show an image of 3 colour connectors (or stacks) but I assume you have 2 on the front and both work?....you only mention one on the front?
3) Have you run pavdevchooser?
4) Why is your pcm slider set at 40%....are you having distortion issues.
5) pls provide a snapshot of your pavumeter image
Hi aus9, Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate it.
Okay. Here's the thing
1. Here's what it looks like when I run alsamixer on terminal
When I press F6
2. Yes, I have 2 on the front, Pink and Green, but both doesn't work.
3. Pavdevchooser is always running, and it runs before start up or after rebooting the computer.
4. I just copy the pcm slider from the internet. I honestly don't know what it means.
alsamixer image is excellent...if you like pulseaudio...it shows pulsaudio is in full control of alsa.
second image times out...for f6...maybe image is too big...try changing the image size using gimp or mtpaint?
pavumeter shows ....you have not set your system to 5 outputs or more...only 2 which is why your other speakers don't work.
pavucontrol ...tab to config and choose 5.1....similar to second image in link but showing 7.1
adjust sliders for pavucontrol as similar to next image in that link
look at your pavumeter to see if you now have 6 meters
Here's the f6 from alsamixer
Do I need to add this on my /etc/asound.conf?
There's only 5 option on my pavucontrol configuration tab when I click the Profile on my Internal Audio
Analog Stereo Duplex
Analog Sterero Output
Digital Stereo (IEC958) Output + Analog Stereo Input
Digital Stereo Duplex (IEC958)
Analog Stereo Input
There's no 5.1 or 7.1 option.
oops I must have missed your reply my bad
ok remove all your configs after saving them elsewhere.
disable pulseaudio.....meaning do not have it startup
if you are sure you have a 6 channel sound....we need to fix your alsa first..with pulseaudio not interfering.
reboot and ensure pulseaudio is not running and then show us the output of
lsmod | grep snd
(in a code box pls)
2) do you have any sound modules that relate to your sound devices blacklisted either in your bootloader or in a file like /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist?
3) the reason I don't want your pulse tweaks there....either....is so pa defaults to its area in etc (or whereever your distro stuff is) but lets confirm alsamixer settings first
4) until someone or me replies also post a snapshot of
alsamixer -c 0 (zero not O for orange)
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35 PM.|