[SOLVED] Epson Stylus CX3700 not printing (Arch + Xfce)
Linux - HardwareThis forum is for Hardware issues.
Having trouble installing a piece of hardware? Want to know if that peripheral is compatible with Linux?
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you need to reset your password, click here.
Having a problem logging in? Please visit this page to clear all LQ-related cookies.
Introduction to Linux - A Hands on Guide
This guide was created as an overview of the Linux Operating System, geared toward new users as an exploration tour and getting started guide, with exercises at the end of each chapter.
For more advanced trainees it can be a desktop reference, and a collection of the base knowledge needed to proceed with system and network administration. This book contains many real life examples derived from the author's experience as a Linux system and network administrator, trainer and consultant. They hope these examples will help you to get a better understanding of the Linux system and that you feel encouraged to try out things on your own.
Click Here to receive this Complete Guide absolutely free.
Hi. I'm writting this because I've having trouble with my Epson printer, ever since I moved from Ubuntu to Arch. When I was in Ubuntu, I never had much trouble with it- it scanned, and printed, all just fine; but now, although I can scan, and see the ink levels using escputil (mtink doesn't recognize it), for some reason I can't get it to print.
So far, this is what I've tried: since I've read in several places that usblp causes problems with cups, I've blacklisted usblp; and I've installed foomatic and gutenprint packages, as well as the escpr driver, and added the printer trough localhost several times, choosing different drivers, but with no results.
In case it's useful, this is the output with lsusb:
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 0e8f:0022 GreenAsia Inc.
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 04b8:0818 Seiko Epson Corp. Stylus CX3700/CX3800/DX3800
and these are the last lines from the output of dmesg:
[16056.623678] [drm] nouveau 0000:01:00.0: Setting dpms mode 0 on vga encoder (output 0)
[17756.352314] [drm] nouveau 0000:01:00.0: Setting dpms mode 3 on vga encoder (output 0)
[18038.327783] [drm] nouveau 0000:01:00.0: Setting dpms mode 0 on vga encoder (output 0)
[18565.071604] usb 2-1: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 2
[18565.597799] WARNING! power/level is deprecated; use power/control instead
I really need some help... I hope you can answer
Finally, I could solve the problem... had nothing to do with sane. I had to replace cups with cups-usblp, re-enable usblp, and blacklist lp... and also had to install hsl-cups-utils, and manually load the epson-escpr ppd file. Now, I can't change the printing quality... but at least I can print.
marking as solved... hope all this helps omeone else. Also... I don't know if all of this was necesay, but...