I tried a plenty of advice and this scanenr still doesn't work.
What I understood, in a nutshell:
- this scanner uses sane-snapscan backend (/etc/sane.d/snapscan.conf)
- I must use the Esfw3e.bin file from a Windows-driver
- I must add "# perfection 1270 \ usb 0x04b8 0x0120" to the /etc/sane.d/snapscan.conf
In fact, this is the same what is recommended to do here: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php...erfection_1270
I took the Esfw3e.bin from a Win-driver. I added the "firmware ..." line and "# perfection 1270 \ usb 0x04b8 0x0120" to the /etc/sane.d/snapscan.conf.
I played with permissions/chmod of Esfw3e.bin and of /dev/bus/usb/001/00X - the scanner device. Nothing helped.
I tried starting xsane and simple-scan from sudo and without it. Sometimes the output of simple-scan was that "scanenr is warming up, wait 23 seconds ... " and then -
(simple-scan:3302): WARNING **: Unable to start device: Error during device I/O
But the scanner still doesn't work.
Xsane shows the warning that the are no devices available.
I tried to set the scanner up for 3 hours yesterday and 3 hours today, but all in vain.
One more interesting detail, is that here - http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html#Z-EPSON
- we see the Perfection 1270 scanner, and they say it uses snapscan backend.
When we follow the link of snapscan - http://www.sane-project.org/man/sane-snapscan.5.html
- we DO NOT see the Perfection 1270 among supported devices.
I don't know what to do and how to make it work.
The distribution is Ubuntu 10.10
Best regards, Lexus45