e1000 nic on a dell 1850
This simply has me baffled. I'm installing redhat 9 on a dell 1850. So far, there has been no problem on any of the machines but one. On this one, the NIC, a gigabit ethernet card using e1000 module will not load. On boot, it says it loaded, and the logs all show it loading, but if i ifconfig, nothing is found, and if i ifconfig eth0 up, it tells me the device cant be found. If i install this from a preexisting image of the exact same redhat install (in version at least, it doesnt have what i need on it), the image works fine, loads the e1000 driver, and the NIC works wonderfully, but if i install from the install disks (many sets of disks have been tested), the NIC isnt even detected on install. I have no clue what to try next.