Originally Posted by kromberg
If the raid is done via the motherboard, then it is 99.99999999999999992% chance it is fake raid and not true hardware raid.
Yeah, it was FAKERAID... So I decided to use mdadm and create software RAID, which is fine with me also.
To answer to my second question:
The network card was a TG3 card, but the interface would not come up because of udev. Since I was migrating everything from another machine, I did not erease the content of 75-network.rules and this file was already configured with an eth0 in it. Deleting this entry (which was not valid anymore) and reloading udev did the trick.
Thanks for your time on this one.
I would say the case is closed.