Just got done - I have LSI/AMI Megaraid / Dell PERC working with my fedora core 3 installation. It took me all week to figure it out. But I did
What you want to do is:
1) Go ahead and burn the FC3 CDs and the floppy image http://www.qidwai.net/~misbah/fc3megaraiddrv.img
or you can download it from:
2) Now boot FC3 install proceed as normal, at a certain point during the initial text-based install, the key combination of hit "Alt-F2" will start working to access a shell. Keep trying after each screen, as I don't remember which one precisely it that you need to do this. It will for sure be after you have gone through the HD detect process.
3) From the shell remove default megaraid drivers: "rmmod megaraid_mbox; rmmod megaraid_mm; insmod megaraid.ko". You may need to switch around the order of "rmmod megaraid_mm; rmmod megaraid_mbox; insmod megaraid.ko".
4) Return to the text shell using "Alt-F1" and continue about your business. You should be able to install the OS as normal now.
5) After you are done installing - you will need to reboot. On the reboot, the boot will fail as the stock kernel that is installed, like the CD install kernel does not have drivers for the old model megaraid hardware.
6) So Now you will boot using the rescue CD. Follow through and allow it detect hardware and answer questions as best as you can. Once you get to the point where it informs you that it doesn't see a harddisk hit "Alt-F2" to access a shell. Remove default megaraid drivers: "rmmod megaraid_mbox; rmmod megaraid_mm; insmod megaraid.ko". You may need to switch around the order to "rmmod megaraid_mm; rmmod megaraid_mbox; insmod megaraid.ko".
4) You will now be able to "mkdir /tmp/megaraid; mount /dev/sda1 /tmp/megaraid"
5) You will "chroot /tmp/megaraid" to the mount location and recompile the kernel with the option "CONFIG_MEGARAID_NEWGEN=n".
6) Your done!
Let me know if anyone is still looking for a help - just email me at email@example.com