I am a newbie so please be gentle with me. I have read around various forums and googled for an answer but still cannot find an answer.
I am trying to install Mint 3 (celena) on a winfast desktop running an AMD sempron 3000, but cannot get the livecd to run without stopping the main cpu fan.
I have tried
- launching normally
- Launching into safe graphics mode.
- deleting the quiet splash and typing noacpi
- deleting the quiet splash and typing noapci
- deleting the quiet splash and typing noacpi noapci
- changing the hard drive
- putting a socking great desk fan trained onto the open side of the PC (since I had the idea that if I could install mint onto it I could bypass the problem on the live cd?)
This led to another problem - namely that starting the partitioner seems to stick at 6% - it has been there for ten minutes before I shut the PC down for fear of burning my system.
I already have windows xp on the hdd (samsung sp1604n -I tried another hdd and still had the problem) and have unallocated disk space in readiness for the install.
I hope that I have given enough information for someone to help me.