CLP-500 Samsung printer: low speed and resolution printing with Knoppix (Debian)
I bought this week a Samsung duplex color printer CLP-500. It is said to:
- print at a speed of 20ppm B/W and 5ppm color,
- have a resolution up to 1200dpi,
- be accessible with windows and all kinds of linux systems.
Unfortunately, the promises of the advertizment are fulfilled for windows, but not for linux (I have Knoppix 3.2 / Debian) and the support group of Samsung cannot help. They say that it was only tested on windows...
Once installed with the CD provided with the printer, the printing status of my printer is:
- the B/W printing speed is 0.3ppm instead of 20ppm (color naturally worse) !!
- I can only reach a resolution of 600dpi.
Does someone know how to solve these problems?
Any help is greatly appreciated!
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:04 AM.|