Well the first problem I see is you giving us no info what so ever to help you.
We would like to know
1) What kind of internet connection do you have? Cable, ADSL, dial-up?
2) Your exact hardware specs; so if you have a ethernet card you use to gain access to the net, who is the manufacturor of that specific hardware?
3) What have you alraigdy tried?
1) I said that I have cable
2) I use an ethernet card to access the net, the model is sis 900 based pci fast ethernet adapter. (it came with my computer). My computer is made by HP and its a pavillion 751n.
3) I have tried using the network setup but I dont know what to fill in and what not to fill in. Some of the things say optional and some of them are a little bit different from what I got in my ipconfig in windows.
Isnt there a way to make it autoconnect like windows? that would be alot easier then me manually entering the gateway and ip and stuff.