hi all ,,
at last .. am writing from linux redhat 8.0 .. it is really nice..
lets go in the important part now:
1. i've installed realplayer8, and i didn't find it any where in the K menu .. i had to open the terminal .. type local real .. and check where is it .. go to that folder and execute the binary
well .. u know i don't want to do that everytime .. especially if i installed many applications..
how could i add a link for realplayer executable to the K menu?? how could i edit/add/delete entries on the KDE 3.0 menu? is it easy like windows?? going to a particular folder and pasting whatever i want there?
2. i used to have Redhat7.3 ... when i need to install fonts i go to K>>controlCenter>>System>>font installer
unfotunately, font installer is not available now on the system menu .. how can i put it there again ? where can i install it from? i use RH8.0 now
i used to browse arabic pages on redhat 7.3 using the konqueror ... but now when i use the konqueror, arabic pages are shown in circles! , i set the encoding to Arabic iso (8859-6) with no luck ,, and also Arabic ( cp 1256 ) with also no luck ... how could i fix this issue?
3. i've seen many screenshots for linux systems with a list of monitoring applications (if i can call them so!), like a monitoring for eth0 activity .. cpu activities .. whatever .. they are normally of the right side of the desktop with nice styles that are normally transparent
4. is there a way to use the WINDOWS key on the keyboard? in windows it used to pop up the start menu .. can i do the same with KDE?!
5. i searched alot for RPM Package Manager in RH8.0 but couldn't find it! on RH7.3 it was obvious and easy to reach .. did they change its place??? is there a possibily that i didn't install it during the installation? how can i install it from the CD? cause i looked alot in the menu and didn't find any thing ..
these are few of what am willing to have answers for
thanks alot in advance ...