I am new to the linux scene and so i thought i should download this application called webmin. I heard this application made the configuration part of a webserver really easy. In some aspects thats true in others its not. Ive been going around trying to get help on WEBMIN. ONLY WEBMIN. I need the following:
Before i go on, my linux machine is suse 8 and has apache 1.3.1. Apache is working and running. I tested it out.
1. How do i add a domain name to my apache server threw webmin?
2. I have a dynamic ip on cable. Ive heard zoneedit.com is a really good place to get around the problem of my ip changing for whatever reason. How do i know what my current ip is and where do i add my ip in webmin so it corresponds to my domain name?
3. What is BIND DNS and why doesnt mine work??
4. Webmin servers: No servers registered. Do i have to register? Whats it for? What do i fill in the blanks in the register page?
5. Im basically asking you guys HOW i would start my own APACHE server threw WEBMIN. Like i said before, my apache is running fine. Its on and i can turn it off. My webmin is completely "Stock" or still default.
To help you guys out...this is how my network is laid out:
I have a WIN2k machine w/ 2 NIC's. One NIC is getting cable internet from the modem while the other sends an RJ45 line out to my hub. Then from the hub im only using 2 links. 1 going to my XP machine for internet and print sharing and the other to my SUSE LINUX machine. I have printing and internet sharing setup for my linux machine through DHCP...so all i need is a WEBSERVER now!
Cool..none of the other boards ive been on have this one.