I read the article (woah) and find it quite heavy, but nevertheless it worked, after doing some googling on PLESK (oh yah, my email server is running plesk control panel)
with regards to this, have some questions
1) If I am just using the regular sendmail in RHEL, how do I adjust the ident? Can't find it
2) I think plesk is using qmail, added the extension -Rt0 in the /etc/xinted.d/smtp_psa
What doess -Rt0 do? I just follow the forum (in the given URL) instructions...
3) xinted, what does this do?
: guys, I also found out that it could be due to reverse dns..
From plesk FAQ
Check to make sure that the name servers that are used for reverse resolution have not been shut down or are working properly. These name servers are specified within the /etc/resolv.conf file and can be replaced if need be.
It's also very possible that the name servers in the /etc/resolv.conf file are working fine but the ip from where the client is accessing the server is not reverse resolvable. In this case you could turn off the reverse lookup completely.
- my email server is also my primary DNS server. in resolv.conf, nameserver is pointing to 127.0.0.1. correct? does it has anything to do with this reverse resolution? What is reverse resolution meaning?
- do I need to point to the secondary one too?
Many wonderful thanks to you guys
LQ Make my life so much better hehehe