1. Open Add/Remove from the Applications menu
2. Select All available applications from the show dropdown menu
3. Enter pptp in the search box
4. Select VPN Connection Manager
5. Apply Changes to install.
Restart the network service
Entering the details of your VPN is relatively straightforward, with one caveat and a few advanced options.
1. Click on the Network Manager applet in your system tray, and select VPN Connections > Configure VPN…
2. Click Add and follow the wizard to begin configuration. Enter a name for the connection, and the address of the VPN server.
3. IMPORTANT - Switch to the Authentication tab and select Refuse CHAP. This is necessary to connect to a server using the default configuration of the Microsoft PPTP VPN service.
If you have special requirements, or prefer not to tunnel all your traffic through the company VPN while connected, you can specify some advanced options that allow you to customize the connection
very simple with Ubuntu