Red Hat 7.3 & Windows 2000 Professional
This is really frustrating because I can't find the problem in the dual booting setup.
1. Booted from my installation cd and went in to linux rescue mode.
2. Using the following command: dd if=/dev/hda3 of=bootsect.lnx bs=512 count=1
3. Then used the following command to copy the file to a floppy: mcopy bootsect.lnx a:
4. Rebooted back into windows 2000 professional went to the command line used the following commands to edit the boot.ini: attrib -h -s c:\boot.ini
5. Once inside of the boot.ini file I inserted the following:
c:\bootsect.lnx="Red Hat 7.3"
Saved my changes closed the window and rebooted.
But for some reason or the other when i would select red hat from the ntloader selection screen the screen would bo black but the only thing happening is a little flashing cursor in the top left corner.
Where am I going wrong can someone please help me to solve this problem.