Re: modprobe: Note: /etc/modules.conf is more recent than lib/modules/2.4.9/modules.d
I just finished a fresh install of Redhat 7.1 (Full install). I need to upgrade my kernel to 2.4.9. I followed many howto's which shows me the following steps:
1) copy .config into the new kernel (2.4.9)
2) run make oldconfig
3) then ran make menuconfig
4) then saved it
5) then ran:
make dep; make clean ; make bzImage ; make modules
6) then make a backup of /lib/modules/2.4.2-2 to another name so it doesnt get clobbered.
7) then i make modules_install
8) copy bzImage from the souce boot dir over to the original /boot and made the vmlinuz file then a link to it.
It all goes through with no errors. I do the lilo relink and boot into my new kernel but get many errors upon boot up such as:
- modprobe: Note: /etc/modules.conf is more recent than /lib/modules/2.4.9/modules.dep
- Then get ipup: Delaying eth0 initilization
and also get the same for eth1. If I boot back into my oringinal kernel everything is fine.
What steps have i missed and if there are any great articles that come to mind on exactly what causes this please let me know.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:41 AM.|