I have the problem with mounting a hd in rescue mode. The troubles go this way:
1.) Changing the screen refresh rates to the right values (listed in the screen manual) in the file XF86Config.
2.) Startup again with Linux Version Red hat 6.2
3.) XWindows (KDM-Login Manager) starts automatically after booting and the monitor displays a signalling error. Obviously can't synchronize the signal.
What i tried so far:
a) Pressing Ctrl-Alt-Backspace to stop the XWindows desktop is not working. Maybe the keyboard at all does not work anymore because Ctrl-Alt-F1..F4 doesn't work too.
b) The connection to the Linux-PC via LAN is not working anymore.
No ping during startup and in 'blank screen' mode is coming back.
c) Using the Boot-disk causes the same blanc screen because after a certain point the boot sequence of the hd is used (however the bootprocess started from the floppy).
d) When using the Installation CD to startup in rescue mode i get the bash mode. This sounds good but i can't mount any of my harddisks.
Now my questions:
- Can someone help me ??!!!
- Is it possible to stop in prompt mode before starting Xwindows?
- Is it possible to mount hd's when not listed in /dev ?
- How to reactivate the LAN (it was working before) ?
- Are there any options when starting with the boot-disk ?
- Does a kernel-upgrade with the same version help ?
- Is there a wa to get my data from the disk before reinstalling Linux (last option)?
Thanks for you help!