I've just installed Eclipse Juno Java and Eclipse Juno php on my box (Ubuntu, 10.04). Strangely enough, the php laucher on my desktop shows the Eclipse icon, which I can't find anywhere in the folders (there are tons of subfolders, I haven't check them all). The java version has the generic (ugly) Ubuntu launcher icon, that spring with a flat thing at the end... I created the launchers myself from scratch on the desktop... (right click, "Create a launcher..." etc.)
My questions are:
- How do you choose your own icon?
- Why does one of the versions show the Eclipse icon (php) and the other not?
- Where is the icon in the php version (which folder/path)?
- How does one personalize all of this (to choose an original icon from a .png or other format)?
- How can I make it so that the Java version also shows the Eclipse icon?
- Any other advice on icons??
Strangely enough, I then added these items to the main menu... The opposite happened! On the desktop, where the generic icon appeared the actual Eclipse or Netbean icon appeared and vice versa.
Thanks in advance,