Linux Engineer contract open in Tampa, FL
This is a 6 month + Contract in Tampa, FL. If interested please send a resume to me at
NEED TO KNOW: (AT LEAST THE TOP 4 SKILLS HERE)
1. Creating and maintaining RPMs
2. Ananconda usage
4. Kernel recompilation and customization
5. NTP configuration
6. Kickstart configuration
Under minimal supervision, this senior, LINUX administrator position is responsible for building, maintaining, and enhancing development, testing, and production environments. The person in this position will plan and document systems, respond to all inquiries of systems to which he/she is responsible. The Linux system administrator will use intelligence, scripting, and tools to manage change from development to testing to production environments.
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of the LINUX RedHat operating system. This includes practical experience in the following aspects of LINUX support:
- Highly proficient in scripting; perl, sh, bash, and csh. (knowledge of, and proficiency in threads.pm would be helpful)
- Familiar with systemimager, kickstart and anaconda - proficient in RPM package creation, ppp and ntpd configurations
- Able to correctly produce Sys V init scripts (with /etc/init.d/functions a plus)
- familiar with logrotate, syslog, nfsd, automount and NIS
-Requires an in depth experience with larger Sun Server architectures
- Requires excellent human relation skills, including written and verbal communications, to interact effectively with peers, senior management, vendors, consultants and customers, both internal and internal.
Last edited by XavierP; 04-26-2005 at 01:05 PM.