Linux - GeneralThis Linux forum is for general Linux questions and discussion.
If it is Linux Related and doesn't seem to fit in any other forum then this is the place.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
This is a 6 month + Contract in Tampa, FL. If interested please send a resume to me at
NEED TO KNOW: (AT LEAST THE TOP 4 SKILLS HERE)
1. Creating and maintaining RPMs
2. Ananconda usage
4. Kernel recompilation and customization
5. NTP configuration
6. Kickstart configuration
Under minimal supervision, this senior, LINUX administrator position is responsible for building, maintaining, and enhancing development, testing, and production environments. The person in this position will plan and document systems, respond to all inquiries of systems to which he/she is responsible. The Linux system administrator will use intelligence, scripting, and tools to manage change from development to testing to production environments.
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of the LINUX RedHat operating system. This includes practical experience in the following aspects of LINUX support:
- Highly proficient in scripting; perl, sh, bash, and csh. (knowledge of, and proficiency in threads.pm would be helpful)
- Familiar with systemimager, kickstart and anaconda - proficient in RPM package creation, ppp and ntpd configurations
- Able to correctly produce Sys V init scripts (with /etc/init.d/functions a plus)
- familiar with logrotate, syslog, nfsd, automount and NIS
-Requires an in depth experience with larger Sun Server architectures
- Requires excellent human relation skills, including written and verbal communications, to interact effectively with peers, senior management, vendors, consultants and customers, both internal and internal.
LQ is not a jobs site. Please do not post a jobs ad here. At some point in the uture this may be revsited, but at the moment we do not have the facility to offer this type of service. This trhead is now closed.
Originally posted by redhatrosh Hello Sir,
My main intent behind replying to this is that we need more such people to post messages like these so that we can know the opportunities.
First of all, know our rules you agreed to and don't encourage members to break our rules. LQ.org is looking into a work around for jobs and employers to post such things, but for now, these are off limits as they are a form of advertising and LQ.org is not a job site.