Originally posted by Paxmaster
thanks very much, now is working but few of the program don't work as u said i need to make ln -s but don't have any idea where to point to or other way around
I didn't keep notes on my installation this morning, but here in general is what I did, to install that (older) version of IceWMCP:
1. After I got the tarball expanded (I created a directory to put it in and expand, otherwise it just gets messy wherever you happen to have downloaded it), I read the README file which claimed all you have to do is issue "icewmcp" and it will run. Sure!
2. I issued "icewmcp" and of course got an error message. It wanted a library it couldn't find.
3. I did a "locate" search for that library name and found MY version of it in /usr/lib.
4. I did ln -s /usr/lib/[my existing version of the library] /usr/lib/[the version requested by IceWMCP]
5. Then I tried "icewmcp" again and got a SECOND error message. (All ready to run, right? Uh, huh.)
6. I did the same as in steps (3) and (4) above for this library, too.
7. Then I tried "icewmcp" again--and it worked.
8. Next I moved the (temporary) directory where all these expanded files were, to ~/icewmcp just for convenience and so I could readily find them if I needed to. Then I put a little file to start the thing, in my ~/bin directory where I keep such stuff, again for convenience (it's in my path, so I can start up things without specifying any path).
9. Then I finished my coffee.