LinuxQuestions.org
Review your favorite Linux distribution.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - General
User Name
Password
Linux - General This Linux forum is for general Linux questions and discussion.
If it is Linux Related and doesn't seem to fit in any other forum then this is the place.

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Search this Thread
Old 04-23-2010, 06:17 PM   #61
WSNs
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Mar 2010
Posts: 10

Rep: Reputation: 0

I edit my post#50

I will try to install ns-allinone-2.34/nam-1.13 then I will be back.

Thanks knudfl for everything
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Click here to see the post LQ members have rated as the most helpful post in this thread.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:49 AM   #62
_man_ouer
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Apr 2010
Posts: 19

Rep: Reputation: 0
hello,
I must write a code for the protocol leach while I do not know how.
can you help me by giving me a sample code to generate a .tr file

thank you very much
 
Old 04-26-2010, 12:32 AM   #63
nour-eddine
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Apr 2010
Posts: 13

Rep: Reputation: 1
HI,
I am a new user in LQ.
how to install ns2.27 in ubuntu9.10?
 
Old 04-26-2010, 12:40 AM   #64
nour-eddine
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Apr 2010
Posts: 13

Rep: Reputation: 1
hi,
I have insalled ns2.34 in ubuntu9.10.
how I can install LEACH protcole now in ns2.34?
 
Old 04-26-2010, 01:52 AM   #65
knudfl
LQ 5k Club
 
Registered: Jan 2008
Location: Copenhagen, DK
Distribution: pclos2014, Slack14.1 DebWheezy, +50+ other Linux OS, for test only.
Posts: 13,622

Rep: Reputation: 2527Reputation: 2527Reputation: 2527Reputation: 2527Reputation: 2527Reputation: 2527Reputation: 2527Reputation: 2527Reputation: 2527Reputation: 2527Reputation: 2527
nour-eddine , # 63 , # 64.
Please read the answer to you = post # 56
Reading all posts in all the six LEACH threads is a must.

The "start" instructions for Ubuntu 9.10 are included ..
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...10-a-782356/#3
→ → post # 3.
 
2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:55 PM   #66
nour-eddine
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Apr 2010
Posts: 13

Rep: Reputation: 1
Unhappy install ns2.27 in ubuntu9.10

Quote:
Originally Posted by knudfl View Post
nour-eddine , # 63 , # 64.
Please read the answer to you = post # 56
Reading all posts in all the six LEACH threads is a must.

The "start" instructions for Ubuntu 9.10 are included ..
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...10-a-782356/#3
→ → post # 3.
Thank you all
Thank you knudfl

I do what you said but

make: *** [libotcl.so] Error 1
otcl-1.8 make failed! Exiting ...
See http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/ns-problems.html for problems
 
Old 04-28-2010, 01:22 PM   #67
nour-eddine
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Apr 2010
Posts: 13

Rep: Reputation: 1
install ns2.27 in ubuntu9.10

Quote:
Originally Posted by knudfl View Post
nour-eddine , # 63 , # 64.
Please read the answer to you = post # 56
Reading all posts in all the six LEACH threads is a must.

The "start" instructions for Ubuntu 9.10 are included ..
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...10-a-782356/#3
→ → post # 3.

Thank you all
Thank you knudfl
now it work.
You need to edit ns-allinone-2.27/otcl-1.13/Makefile.in to :
CC = gcc-3.3

thanks.
and now how i work leach in ns2.27 in ubuntu9.10.
 
Old 04-29-2010, 05:43 AM   #68
emtarik05
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Mar 2010
Posts: 10

Rep: Reputation: 3
leach on ns-2.34

the leach modified to run under NS-2.34
create a shortcut of leach.tcl, leach-c.tcl ... and put them on ..\tcl\mobility\

http://rapidshare.com/files/38151624...for_NS2.34.rar
 
2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:32 PM   #69
nour-eddine
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Apr 2010
Posts: 13

Rep: Reputation: 1
Unhappy

[QUOTE=emtarik05;3951639]the leach modified to run under NS-2.34
create a shortcut of leach.tcl, leach-c.tcl ... and put them on ..\tcl\mobility\

http://rapidshare.com/files/38151624...for_NS2.34.rar[

Hi,

I have just installed NS2.27 and ns2.34 onto my system ubuntu9.10.
Following the LEACH installation steps.

Thank you

Last edited by nour-eddine; 04-29-2010 at 02:38 PM.
 
Old 04-29-2010, 02:36 PM   #70
nour-eddine
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Apr 2010
Posts: 13

Rep: Reputation: 1
Hi,

I am working on SPIN protocol. I have just installed NS2.27 and ns2.34 onto my system ubuntu9.10.
Following the SPIN installation steps.

Thank you
 
Old 04-30-2010, 05:59 PM   #71
WSNs
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Mar 2010
Posts: 10

Rep: Reputation: 0
Modified leach run under ns-2.34

Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtarik05 View Post
the leach modified to run under NS-2.34
create a shortcut of leach.tcl, leach-c.tcl ... and put them on ..\tcl\mobility\

http://rapidshare.com/files/38151624...for_NS2.34.rar
I try it but I got lot of warnings (I copy and paste (merge and replace all) the files you modified in ns-2.34 folder and I add leach.tcl, leach-c.tcl on ..\tcl\mobility\):

Code:
[root@localhost ns-2.34]# ./test
num_nodes is set 3
warning: Please use -channel as shown in tcl/ex/wireless-mitf.tcl
warning: no class variable Phy/WirelessPhy::alive_

	see tcl-object.tcl in tclcl for info about this warning.

warning: no class variable Phy/WirelessPhy::Efriss_amp_

warning: no class variable Phy/WirelessPhy::Etwo_ray_amp_

warning: no class variable Phy/WirelessPhy::EXcvr_

warning: no class variable Phy/WirelessPhy::sleep_

warning: no class variable Phy/WirelessPhy::ss_

warning: no class variable Phy/WirelessPhy::dist_

INITIALIZE THE LIST xListHead
warning: no class variable Phy/WirelessPhy::alive_

	see tcl-object.tcl in tclcl for info about this warning.

warning: no class variable Phy/WirelessPhy::Efriss_amp_

warning: no class variable Phy/WirelessPhy::Etwo_ray_amp_

warning: no class variable Phy/WirelessPhy::EXcvr_

warning: no class variable Phy/WirelessPhy::sleep_

warning: no class variable Phy/WirelessPhy::ss_

warning: no class variable Phy/WirelessPhy::dist_

warning: no class variable Phy/WirelessPhy::alive_

	see tcl-object.tcl in tclcl for info about this warning.

warning: no class variable Phy/WirelessPhy::Efriss_amp_

warning: no class variable Phy/WirelessPhy::Etwo_ray_amp_

warning: no class variable Phy/WirelessPhy::EXcvr_

warning: no class variable Phy/WirelessPhy::sleep_

warning: no class variable Phy/WirelessPhy::ss_

warning: no class variable Phy/WirelessPhy::dist_

Loading connection pattern...
Loading scenario file...
Starting Simulation...
channel.cc:sendUp - Calc highestAntennaZ_ and distCST_
highestAntennaZ_ = 1.5,  distCST_ = 89.8
SORTING LISTS ...DONE!
NS EXITING...
[root@localhost ns-2.34]#
Is it mean it is work correct with all of these warnings or what is the problem and how can I solve it?

Thank you

Last edited by WSNs; 04-30-2010 at 06:06 PM.
 
Old 05-01-2010, 03:50 AM   #72
knudfl
LQ 5k Club
 
Registered: Jan 2008
Location: Copenhagen, DK
Distribution: pclos2014, Slack14.1 DebWheezy, +50+ other Linux OS, for test only.
Posts: 13,622

Rep: Reputation: 2527Reputation: 2527Reputation: 2527Reputation: 2527Reputation: 2527Reputation: 2527Reputation: 2527Reputation: 2527Reputation: 2527Reputation: 2527Reputation: 2527
# 71 , @ WSNs :
You will know from other LQ Leach posts, that warnings
don't mean errors. Warnings are information.

Words, expressions, statements not used : you will get
'an information' about the situation : A "warning".

Last edited by knudfl; 05-01-2010 at 04:22 AM.
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:08 PM   #73
WSNs
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Mar 2010
Posts: 10

Rep: Reputation: 0
Question Leach with ns-2.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by knudfl View Post
# 71 , @ WSNs :
You will know from other LQ Leach posts, that warnings
don't mean errors. Warnings are information.

Words, expressions, statements not used : you will get
'an information' about the situation : A "warning".
Thank you knudfl. Actually, I modified LEACH before 1 week to work with ns-2.34 and I did not get all of these warnings:

Code:
[naif@localhost ns-2.34]$ ./test
num_nodes is set 3
warning: Please use -channel as shown in tcl/ex/wireless-mitf.tcl
INITIALIZE THE LIST xListHead
Loading connection pattern...
Loading scenario file...
Starting Simulation...
channel.cc:sendUp - Calc highestAntennaZ_ and distCST_
highestAntennaZ_ = 1.5,  distCST_ = 550.0
SORTING LISTS ...DONE!
NS EXITING...
BUT when I ./validate there are some portable and non-portable tests failed:

Code:
validate overall report: some portable tests failed:
     ./test-all-diffusion3 ./test-all-smac ./test-all-WLtutorial ./test-all-wireless-infra ./test-all-wireless-infra-mobility ./test-all-wireless-lan-aodv ./test-all-wireless-diffusion ./test-all-wireless-lan-newnode ./test-all-wireless-lan-newnode-80211Ext ./test-all-tagged-trace ./test-all-wpan ./test-all-energy
some non-portable tests also failed:
     ./test-all-smac-multihop ./test-all-wireless-tdma
to re-run a specific test, cd tcl/test; ./test-all-TEST-NAME
[naif@localhost ns-2.34]$
My questions is:

- Does all these test important to agree (not failed)?
- NOW, How I can run example of leach and see the trace and nam of this example because when I (./test) it run wireless-demo-csci694.tcl and (./leach_test) does not give me any thing:

Code:
[naif@localhost ns-2.34]$ ./test
num_nodes is set 3
warning: Please use -channel as shown in tcl/ex/wireless-mitf.tcl
INITIALIZE THE LIST xListHead
Loading connection pattern...
Loading scenario file...
Starting Simulation...
channel.cc:sendUp - Calc highestAntennaZ_ and distCST_
highestAntennaZ_ = 1.5,  distCST_ = 550.0
SORTING LISTS ...DONE!
NS EXITING...
[naif@localhost ns-2.34]$ ./leach_test
[naif@localhost ns-2.34]$
Thank you

Last edited by WSNs; 05-01-2010 at 01:13 PM.
 
Old 05-06-2010, 04:11 PM   #74
nour-eddine
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Apr 2010
Posts: 13

Rep: Reputation: 1
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSNs View Post
Thank you knudfl. Actually, I modified LEACH before 1 week to work with ns-2.34 and I did not get all of these warnings:

Code:
[naif@localhost ns-2.34]$ ./test
num_nodes is set 3
warning: Please use -channel as shown in tcl/ex/wireless-mitf.tcl
INITIALIZE THE LIST xListHead
Loading connection pattern...
Loading scenario file...
Starting Simulation...
channel.cc:sendUp - Calc highestAntennaZ_ and distCST_
highestAntennaZ_ = 1.5,  distCST_ = 550.0
SORTING LISTS ...DONE!
NS EXITING...
BUT when I ./validate there are some portable and non-portable tests failed:

Code:
validate overall report: some portable tests failed:
     ./test-all-diffusion3 ./test-all-smac ./test-all-WLtutorial ./test-all-wireless-infra ./test-all-wireless-infra-mobility ./test-all-wireless-lan-aodv ./test-all-wireless-diffusion ./test-all-wireless-lan-newnode ./test-all-wireless-lan-newnode-80211Ext ./test-all-tagged-trace ./test-all-wpan ./test-all-energy
some non-portable tests also failed:
     ./test-all-smac-multihop ./test-all-wireless-tdma
to re-run a specific test, cd tcl/test; ./test-all-TEST-NAME
[naif@localhost ns-2.34]$
My questions is:

- Does all these test important to agree (not failed)?
- NOW, How I can run example of leach and see the trace and nam of this example because when I (./test) it run wireless-demo-csci694.tcl and (./leach_test) does not give me any thing:

Code:
[naif@localhost ns-2.34]$ ./test
num_nodes is set 3
warning: Please use -channel as shown in tcl/ex/wireless-mitf.tcl
INITIALIZE THE LIST xListHead
Loading connection pattern...
Loading scenario file...
Starting Simulation...
channel.cc:sendUp - Calc highestAntennaZ_ and distCST_
highestAntennaZ_ = 1.5,  distCST_ = 550.0
SORTING LISTS ...DONE!
NS EXITING...
[naif@localhost ns-2.34]$ ./leach_test
[naif@localhost ns-2.34]$
Thank you
how to close all warning.
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:12 PM   #75
nour-eddine
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Apr 2010
Posts: 13

Rep: Reputation: 1
hi,
How I can run example of leach and see the trace and nam of this example.
 
  


Closed Thread

Tags
leach, leach-ns227, ns2, ns227


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem in simulating Black Hole Attack in AODV Protocol through NS2 in FC8 shyan Linux - Newbie 1 03-21-2009 05:28 AM
NS2 installation ds_priyaa Fedora 2 05-28-2008 02:23 AM
NS2 installation eby83 Linux - Newbie 2 06-11-2007 01:08 AM
ns2 installation pranoti Linux - Software 2 06-11-2007 12:45 AM
LXer: Interview with Bernard Leach (iPodLinux) LXer Syndicated Linux News 0 10-31-2006 11:33 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59 PM.

Main Menu
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
identi.ca: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration