LinuxQuestions.org now has a SETI@home team. For those of you that do not know what SETI@home is here is a little blurb from the website:
SETI@home is a scientific experiment that uses Internet-connected computers in the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI). You can participate by running a free program that downloads and analyzes radio telescope data.
The client can be configured to run ONLY when your screensaver is running or it can run all the time. You can join the LinuxQuestions team by following these instructions:
1) Download the SETI@home client - http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/download.html
2) The first time you run the client it will ask you for an email address.
3) Go to http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/s...eam_89444.html
and click on join.
4) There is an option to get your password emailed to you.
5) Enter your email address and password.
6) You are part of the LinuxQuestions team!
More information will be available at http://www.linuxquestions.org/seti/
NOTE: We also have a distributed.net team - http://www.linuxquestions.org/dnetc/