You are using 2.4 kernel building commands
For 2.6 use it this way.
Run these first if needed. Usually not.
* make mrproper ( only needed if kernel has been built before and wish to return to default)
* make oldconfig ( to create a config file based on current setup )
Use any one of the following.
* make menuconfig ( kernel editor )
* make xconfig ( differnet kernel editor )
* make gconfig ( another differnet kernel editor )
Build kernel and modules
* make ( builds kernel image and modules )
* make modules_install ( installs modules in /lib/modules/`uname -r` )
* make install ( copies the kernel image to boot, build system.map, make initrd file, and add to grub boot manager )
Last edited by Brian1; 02-04-2007 at 01:06 PM.