In the future...
I would like to mirror my installation on my hdb to hda (my current windows partition that i would just like to get rid of)
reason being that my hda has higher rpm and is bigger
is there any quick way of doing this?
Well, the quickest you can get is a simple direct copy...
The process would go something like this:
1) run cfdisk or fdisk on /dev/hda to repartition the way you'd like.
2) create a filesystem of your choosing on /dev/hda1-X
3) copy everything but /mnt and /proc from /dev/hdb to /dev/hda
4) create those directories which couldn't be copied directly.
5) install a bootloader to /dev/hda
6) reboot (making sure the filesystem type which you chose in step 2 is included as a selected option compiled in the kernel)
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09 AM.|