fc8 firefox and yum problems
I upgraded from fc7 to fc8, in the hope that wlan might work on my lenovo 3000 N100.
1. 10-12 times during clean install (not the upgrade) the process froze just after prompting for DVD integrity check, and then it installed. Linux has finally learned from M$ on erratic working.
2. wlan worked, a great satisfaction, after all. I was trying it to work from the release of fc6.
3. Whole of the system has become very slow, the fonts have shrunk, if I can say.
4. Firefox takes 3-4 trials to start. It doesnot let google work, searching through google search bar times out.
5. yum update fails always.
6. SElinux is enforcing, if that gives any understanding.
7. Kconqueror is working much better/ with much less problems.