i have "a few"
questions on some device nodes:
What does the
1. /dev/pciconf (PCI configuration space*)
2. /dev/mergemem (Memory merge device*)
3. /dev/crash (Mission Critical Linux crash dump facility*)
4. /dev/sexec (Signed executable interface*)
5. /dev/kchuid (Inter-process chuid control*)
6. /dev/graphics (Linux/SGI device* (does this include my Radeon9500???))
7. /dev/gfx (Linux/SGI gfx device*)
8. /dev/userdma (User-space DMA access*)
9. /dev/ussp_ctl (user space serial port control*)
10. /dev/tyyUX (user space serial port*)
do/mean? *taken from devices.txt in the linux source.
What's the difference between /dev/ttyUX and /dev/ttySX (serial port) ???
1. I have an ALC650 soundcard and I want to use ALSA... Do i need the /dev/mixer,sequencer,dsp... devices?
2. I enabled the kernel msr feature... Which device do i need now (if i want to use it
)? /dev/msr or /dev/cpu/X/msr (I only have one CPU)???
How do i create the /dev/pts? Is it automatically created by the kernel or do i have to create it with some special tool?
And what about the /dev/shm device? How do i create this?
Thank you for your patience