CentOS Install - Kernel Panic Error?
I have tried to install CENTOS 5 on my server (specs below) and right when you get to the blue CENTOS screen and click enter to continue, i get the following error.
" .. MP BIOS BUG 8254 timer not connected to I0-APIC"
" Kernel Panic - not syncing: I0-APIC + timer doesn't work! Try using the 'noapic' kernel parameter. "
I have tried all of the CENTOS versions and architectures, Any ideas?
* AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 2.00GHz Dual Core Processor
* Asus M2N-MX SE Motherboard
* 2048MB (2GB) DDR II 800MHz PC6400 Memory
* 80GB SATA II 7200RPM, 8MB Cache Hard Drive
* 8X Slim CD-RW/DVD Combo Optical Drive
* GeForce 6100 Onboard Video Graphics
* 10/100 Ethernet Network Interface
* 6 Channel High Definition onboard sound
* Ports : (6) USB 2.0 (some by header), (2) PS/2, (1) Serial, (1) Parallel, (1) VGA, (1) Audio I/O Panel, (1) RJ-45
* Open Slots: (1) PCI
* 1U Rackmount Chassis with a 200W Power Supply
* Dimensions (Inches) 17 (W) x 16.5 (D) x 1.73 (H)
Last edited by RobertNikic; 06-21-2008 at 03:27 PM.