-   Linux - General (
-   -   Carriage Returns Trouble (

sancho5 08-24-2001 09:03 PM

Carriage Returns Trouble
Hey all,
Word up. Is anyone aware of a utility that can change the end of line carriage return characters from windows- to unix-format in a file?

mikeyt_3333 08-24-2001 11:01 PM

there is an html editor out there called firstpage, it is written by evrsoft. This program has the ability to save files either in Unix or windows format. you can get it here:

when you start the program, open your file, then you will see in the bottom right corner of the screen a little drop down box that willallow you to select the save format. It's a cool tool, and it's free.

Hope this helps!

wdingus 08-29-2001 09:59 PM

tr -d '\015' <file >file2

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50 AM.