Can't seem to mount RH 7.3 on NFS, HTTP, or FTP
I'm pretty lost here...I originally installed RH 7.3 using CD-rom and that was fine. Then, I added a RAID 1 environment using Adaptec's 1210SA SATA RAID controller card and am trying to reinstall RH 7.3 but cannot get past the initial screen for Installation Methods. The only choices I'm given are NFS, FTP, and HTTP. The obvious question was, "where's the CD-Rom option?"
I've tried both NFS and FTP install but was unsuccessful. I don't know if I'm doing it right, that's the problem...perhaps someone could show me or explain to me the syntax to type in or what to do (step by step, if possible).
This is how I did it...
1) I copied the .ISO images to my desktop on the network and placed them in a Windows XP shared folder called 'redhat'
2) In Linux, after selecting NFS Images, I accept the default 'Use dynamic IP configuration', click OK
3) Now where it ask for 'NFS Server name' I've tried my desktops internal ip (10.0.0.32) and I've tried the DNS name.
4) For 'Red Hat Directory', I input /redhat and just redhat
Then I click ok, and it come back with an error saying it cannot find the image
1) I copied the .ISO images to our FTP server.
2) Again, I accept the DHCP default
3) Where it ask for 'FTP Site name' I input our FTP site
4) At the 'Red Hat Directory' field, I put in /administrator and administrator
Then click ok, and again an error comes back. The thing with the FTP is that the user has to log in...no anonymous access is allowed. I use the adminstrator account so by default my home folder would be administrator...but again, it doesn't seem to work.
My question...if all else fails, is there a public site that I can do the install via HTTP or FTP?
Any help is greatly appreciate it.
Thanks in advance.