LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   Linux - General (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-general-1/)
-   -   ATI XF86 4.4 Drivers? (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-general-1/ati-xf86-4-4-drivers-186115/)

Zero-0-Effect 05-26-2004 01:19 PM

ATI XF86 4.4 Drivers?
 
Ive always used gatos drivers (they have up to xf86 4.3) and theve worked great but they dont work on 4.4, it results in a server crash about 80% of the time, the other 20% they either work or locks up avview. I actually didnt realize I had XF86 4.4 till I went to run avview.
I installed LFS, and without thinking installed 4.4. Does anyone know of any other site that has updated drivers. Not for video, that is fine with the builtin drivers and dri support I need tv-in support. I dont have a tv (use my comp) so my dvd, vcr, digital cable, all useless!
Unfortunately the earliest cards supported by ATI themselves is the 8500 and I got the 7500.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 PM.