A few questions about Chakra Linux.
Since I am getting sick of CentOS (Due to Update Problems and all software is outdated) I am planning to move to a Different Distro. I discovered Chakra Linux. I Have a few questions about Chakra.
1. Is Chakra one of those 100% Libre Distros?
2. Am I allowed to Install non-free Software on Chakra?
3. For how long is each version supported?
4. Does VMware Player work on Chakra?
5. Does Chakra do a Good Job running GTK apps?
6. Does Chakra use the Rolling Release Model?
7. How Big are Chakra Repositories?
1. It's not listed on the FSF list
2. So presumably, yes.
3. It's fairly new, so they may not have decided yet. Either it will prosper, and they will produce new releases, or it will die, and you'll have to find another distro. Not the end of the earth.
4. Why not install it on a small partition and try it?
6. From http://www.chakra-linux.org/wiki/ind..._Release_Model
Why not give it a go? Why not dual boot with Centos, or multi-boot with a third OS?
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:53 AM.|