Originally posted by avarus
I don't like to be patronising but as a Gentoo user you should know better :-) so here goes:
1) Why don't you tell us what type your network card is?
2) Please supply the actual error you are seeing, not just some vague assertion that it says something about netmount or something.
3) Have you checked that the modules for the network card are loaded, and that it shows up in ifconfig -a? Anything in dmesg?
4) If you are having graphics problems, what card are you using and what drivers have you loaded and if you are using binary drivers did you install them by hand or using emerge.
If you can answer these, someone may be able to answer you!
Yeah sorry, I was in a bit of a tizzy..
1) nForce 2 Onboard NIC - Using the Forcedeth driver (module)
2) I'm sorry but I havn't a clue, the error is gone within a second of it displaying, and I can't go back to console 1 because it'll lock up my machine.
3) I tried loading the modules, modprobe forcedeth, but lsmod shows it has not been loaded...
4) ATI 9800 Pro, I emerged the ati-driver's ...
I've decided not to mess with 2.6.7 until its stable, and I've gotten rid of it entirely, so the network problem is gone. Right now 2.6.6, I'm still having issues with my graphics though, even with framebuffered entirely disabled in my kernel and vga=normal in my lilo.conf I continue to have bizarr problems (e.g. when I switch to console its all weird colors, and locks up)