LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   Linux - Games (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-games-33/)
-   -   Which native Linux games are you planning to buy this holiday season? (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-games-33/which-native-linux-games-are-you-planning-to-buy-this-holiday-season-848697/)

dugan 12-06-2010 01:07 PM

Which native Linux games are you planning to buy this holiday season?
 
Which native Linux games are you planning to buy this holiday season? I'm planning to buy:
  • Osmos
  • Machinarium
  • Amnesia

sycamorex 12-06-2010 01:26 PM

I'm waiting for the release of OilRush. They are going to release native linux versions for both i386 and x86_64 architectures.
http://oilrush-game.com/

mlangdn 12-06-2010 02:34 PM

OilRush looks pretty good!

D1ver 12-06-2010 03:15 PM

Definitely Amnesia. That games supposed to be very very good, and also an excellent laxative. There's a good review here (warning: language). I'll probably buy the 2nd and 3rd of the penumbra series.

I ordered my gaming computer parts today :D Intel i5 + nvidia gtx460

disturbed1 12-09-2010 12:33 AM

Oil Rush for sure.

Besides any LGP title, and a handful of other native Linux games, our collection is a decent size. Though I am quite tempted by Bandits if LGP ever gets it finished. I may pick up a couple of the new Hidden Object games that were recently released on Linux for our room mate. She and my Girlfriend both like that genre of games.

sycamorex 12-09-2010 01:58 AM

FYI, The Oil Rush release has been postponed till March 2011.

H_TeXMeX_H 12-09-2010 04:31 AM

I might get Oil Rush because it supports x86_64 ... but most other commercial Linux games don't.

I was thinking of buying Savage2, but unfortunately, it sucks compared to savage1, so it's not worth it.

the trooper 12-09-2010 08:14 AM

Quote:

I might get Oil Rush because it supports x86_64 ... but most other commercial Linux games don't.
Can't say that has stopped me playing x86 games on an x86_64 machine.
And yes,Oil Rush does look interesting.

rizzy 12-09-2010 02:46 PM

Oil rush looks good, i'm also waiting for these :)

http://www.wolfire.com/overgrowth

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rage_%28video_game%29

http://www.steel-storm.com/content/

H_TeXMeX_H 12-10-2010 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the trooper (Post 4185903)
Can't say that has stopped me playing x86 games on an x86_64 machine.
And yes,Oil Rush does look interesting.

I think if they're not gonna be open-source, and I have to pay for it, at least they should make it easier on me and make it work on 64-bit. It is an extra hassle to maintain 32-bit libs, so unless I really need it, I don't install them.

dugan 12-10-2010 10:22 AM

LXer: Another Humble Indie Bundle Is Coming

This just changed my answer.

D1ver 12-15-2010 04:19 AM

The second humble indie bundle is live :) http://www.humblebundle.com/

sycamorex 12-15-2010 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D1ver (Post 4192115)
The second humble indie bundle is live :) http://www.humblebundle.com/

Does anyone know if all the games in the bundle work in x86_64? I've stopped using multilib and really don't want to go back there.

disturbed1 12-15-2010 01:37 PM

Revenge of the Titans is dual ARCH - it's a java application. Machinarium's site states 32bit Linux. Not too sure about the others. It's not even clear from the other's sites if there's a native Linux version. I do recall reading about the native Linux versions on various gaming sites. Wish the actual game site would advertise/promote the Linux version too.

D1ver 12-15-2010 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disturbed1 (Post 4192661)
Revenge of the Titans is dual ARCH - it's a java application. Machinarium's site states 32bit Linux. Not too sure about the others. It's not even clear from the other's sites if there's a native Linux version. I do recall reading about the native Linux versions on various gaming sites. Wish the actual game site would advertise/promote the Linux version too.

From the little youtube video included on the bundle site, it seems that a lot of the games have had their Linux versions developed specifically for this bundle. The narrator says things like "Making its debut on the Linux platform" and such.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:42 PM.