LinuxQuestions.org
Share your knowledge at the LQ Wiki.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Software > Linux - Games
User Name
Password
Linux - Games This forum is for all discussion relating to gaming in Linux.

Notices

Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 12-23-2012, 12:06 AM   #1
twilightbeach43
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Dec 2012
Distribution: Archbang
Posts: 2

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Game suggestions? For my old Acer 1.6ghz Nettop. :) Details inside.


Hiya! First post here, not a newbie to Linux though!

I'm looking for some games to play on my computer with the following specs:

1.6ghz Intel Atom
2GB RAM
Nvidia Ion LE

If that doesn't narrow the selection, I don't know what will. xD
I want a game that isn't cartoon-ey (Example: Super Tux Kart)
Preferably something Adventure relating, including RPGs.

And NO EMULATORS. I'd rather play on the actual system. I'm looking for native (or wine) free Linux games!

If the game is awesome, feel free to suggest it even if it doesn't meet my preferences above. Just please no puzzle games, I've got dozens of them. Haha.

Thank you, hope to hear back from you all soon!
-TwilightBeach43

Last edited by twilightbeach43; 12-23-2012 at 12:11 AM.
 
Old 12-23-2012, 12:42 AM   #2
cascade9
Senior Member
 
Registered: Mar 2011
Location: Brisneyland
Distribution: Debian, aptosid
Posts: 3,718

Rep: Reputation: 903Reputation: 903Reputation: 903Reputation: 903Reputation: 903Reputation: 903Reputation: 903Reputation: 903
Not cartoony, RPG/adventure? Rougelike games. ADOM, dungeon crawl, etc.. If ASCI graphics offend you, some of them can use tile graphics.
 
Old 12-23-2012, 12:56 AM   #3
dugan
Senior Member
 
Registered: Nov 2003
Location: Canada
Distribution: distro hopper
Posts: 4,678

Rep: Reputation: 1441Reputation: 1441Reputation: 1441Reputation: 1441Reputation: 1441Reputation: 1441Reputation: 1441Reputation: 1441Reputation: 1441Reputation: 1441
True Remembrance in Wine. Trust me on this. This is a must-play.

Last edited by dugan; 12-23-2012 at 01:01 AM.
 
Old 12-23-2012, 01:08 AM   #4
twilightbeach43
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Dec 2012
Distribution: Archbang
Posts: 2

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by cascade9 View Post
Not cartoony, RPG/adventure? Rougelike games. ADOM, dungeon crawl, etc.. If ASCI graphics offend you, some of them can use tile graphics.
Yeah, as in no "chibi adventures" and whatnot. xD And ASCII graphics are of no offense here! Prefer them not to be, but some games (like nethack) are not the same when they're using tile graphics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dugan View Post
True Remembrance in Wine. Trust me on this. This is a must-play.
It looks really awesome. xD Thanks for the suggestion.
Is there anything special I should know about running it in Wine?

Last edited by twilightbeach43; 12-23-2012 at 01:13 AM.
 
Old 12-23-2012, 02:17 AM   #5
dugan
Senior Member
 
Registered: Nov 2003
Location: Canada
Distribution: distro hopper
Posts: 4,678

Rep: Reputation: 1441Reputation: 1441Reputation: 1441Reputation: 1441Reputation: 1441Reputation: 1441Reputation: 1441Reputation: 1441Reputation: 1441Reputation: 1441
Quote:
Originally Posted by twilightbeach43 View Post
Is there anything special I should know about running it in Wine?
The opening movie doesn't play. Everything else works perfectly.
 
Old 12-23-2012, 02:55 AM   #6
sycamorex
LQ Veteran
 
Registered: Nov 2005
Location: London
Distribution: Slackware64-current
Posts: 5,564
Blog Entries: 1

Rep: Reputation: 1024Reputation: 1024Reputation: 1024Reputation: 1024Reputation: 1024Reputation: 1024Reputation: 1024Reputation: 1024
Quote:
Originally Posted by twilightbeach43 View Post
Hiya! First post here, not a newbie to Linux though!

I'm looking for some games to play on my computer with the following specs:

1.6ghz Intel Atom
2GB RAM
Nvidia Ion LE

If that doesn't narrow the selection, I don't know what will. xD
I want a game that isn't cartoon-ey (Example: Super Tux Kart)
Preferably something Adventure relating, including RPGs.

And NO EMULATORS. I'd rather play on the actual system. I'm looking for native (or wine) free Linux games!

If the game is awesome, feel free to suggest it even if it doesn't meet my preferences above. Just please no puzzle games, I've got dozens of them. Haha.

Thank you, hope to hear back from you all soon!
-TwilightBeach43
Nethack or one of its tiled versions

http://www.thegreatestgameyouwilleverplay.com/
http://users.tkk.fi/jtpelto2/nhfeatu...ml#SCREENSHOTS
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can I get some help with a huge project? *details inside* abcde597 Programming 7 10-25-2012 07:03 PM
LXer: Acer Ubuntu nettop to get quiet storage switch LXer Syndicated Linux News 0 04-25-2009 02:20 PM
[SOLVED] Help this n00b with his printing. All tech details inside. MBA Whore Linux - Hardware 9 08-22-2006 06:55 PM
best distro for an old computer? (more details inside) mikewyatt Linux - Distributions 3 10-12-2004 07:12 PM
best distro....lot of details inside alaios Linux - Distributions 6 03-26-2004 01:54 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 AM.

Main Menu
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
identi.ca: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration