LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   Linux - Games (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-games-33/)
-   -   Game suggestions? For my old Acer 1.6ghz Nettop. :) Details inside. (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-games-33/game-suggestions-for-my-old-acer-1-6ghz-nettop-details-inside-4175442628/)

twilightbeach43 12-23-2012 01:06 AM

Game suggestions? For my old Acer 1.6ghz Nettop. :) Details inside.
 
Hiya! First post here, not a newbie to Linux though! :D

I'm looking for some games to play on my computer with the following specs:

1.6ghz Intel Atom
2GB RAM
Nvidia Ion LE

If that doesn't narrow the selection, I don't know what will. xD
I want a game that isn't cartoon-ey (Example: Super Tux Kart)
Preferably something Adventure relating, including RPGs.

And NO EMULATORS. I'd rather play on the actual system. I'm looking for native (or wine) free Linux games!

If the game is awesome, feel free to suggest it even if it doesn't meet my preferences above. :) Just please no puzzle games, I've got dozens of them. Haha.

Thank you, hope to hear back from you all soon!
-TwilightBeach43

cascade9 12-23-2012 01:42 AM

Not cartoony, RPG/adventure? Rougelike games. ADOM, dungeon crawl, etc.. If ASCI graphics offend you, some of them can use tile graphics.

dugan 12-23-2012 01:56 AM

True Remembrance in Wine. Trust me on this. This is a must-play.

twilightbeach43 12-23-2012 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cascade9 (Post 4855298)
Not cartoony, RPG/adventure? Rougelike games. ADOM, dungeon crawl, etc.. If ASCI graphics offend you, some of them can use tile graphics.

Yeah, as in no "chibi adventures" and whatnot. xD And ASCII graphics are of no offense here! Prefer them not to be, but some games (like nethack) are not the same when they're using tile graphics. :(
Quote:

Originally Posted by dugan (Post 4855301)
True Remembrance in Wine. Trust me on this. This is a must-play.

It looks really awesome. xD Thanks for the suggestion. :)
Is there anything special I should know about running it in Wine?

dugan 12-23-2012 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twilightbeach43 (Post 4855305)
Is there anything special I should know about running it in Wine?

The opening movie doesn't play. Everything else works perfectly.

sycamorex 12-23-2012 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twilightbeach43 (Post 4855290)
Hiya! First post here, not a newbie to Linux though! :D

I'm looking for some games to play on my computer with the following specs:

1.6ghz Intel Atom
2GB RAM
Nvidia Ion LE

If that doesn't narrow the selection, I don't know what will. xD
I want a game that isn't cartoon-ey (Example: Super Tux Kart)
Preferably something Adventure relating, including RPGs.

And NO EMULATORS. I'd rather play on the actual system. I'm looking for native (or wine) free Linux games!

If the game is awesome, feel free to suggest it even if it doesn't meet my preferences above. :) Just please no puzzle games, I've got dozens of them. Haha.

Thank you, hope to hear back from you all soon!
-TwilightBeach43

Nethack or one of its tiled versions

http://www.thegreatestgameyouwilleverplay.com/
http://users.tkk.fi/jtpelto2/nhfeatu...ml#SCREENSHOTS


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56 PM.