LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   Linux From Scratch (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-from-scratch-13/)
-   -   Problem in LFS 7.2 ---> 6.7. Linux-3.5.2 API Headers (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-from-scratch-13/problem-in-lfs-7-2-6-7-linux-3-5-2-api-headers-4175442772/)

Lakhan Kumar 12-24-2012 03:56 AM

Problem in LFS 7.2 ---> 6.7. Linux-3.5.2 API Headers
 
I am getting this while doing "make headers_check"


/bin/sh: xargs: command not found
make[2]: *** [/sources/linux-3.5.2/usr/include/asm-generic/.check] Error 127
make[1]: *** [asm-generic] Error 2
make: *** [headers_check] Error 2

I am guessing i have done some thing wrong in my /tools back in chapter 5.
Can you guide where i have done mistake?

btw, mkproper also shown something like that, i just skipped that command.

druuna 12-24-2012 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakhan Kumar (Post 4855961)
I am getting this while doing "make headers_check"


/bin/sh: xargs: command not found
make[2]: *** [/sources/linux-3.5.2/usr/include/asm-generic/.check] Error 127
make[1]: *** [asm-generic] Error 2
make: *** [headers_check] Error 2

I am guessing i have done some thing wrong in my /tools back in chapter 5.
Can you guide where i have done mistake?

Please post some more of the error as described here: 1.5. Help (1.5.3 in this case).

Quote:

btw, mkproper also shown something like that, i just skipped that command.
Don't just skip commands if they don't work. Fix the problem, then continue. Not doing so will make sure you end up with a none functioning LFS.

Also:
- Which host is being used and was it made fully compliant?
- Did you enter the chrooted environment correctly?
- Did you skip any other packages/steps?

Keith Hedger 12-24-2012 08:28 AM

xargs is part of the findutils package make sure you have installed it properly

Lakhan Kumar 12-24-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith Hedger (Post 4856072)
xargs is part of the findutils package make sure you have installed it properly

Thank you., after searching around i Found that. I reinstalled it But it was getting all mess, since going back in ch 5 and adjusting things creates more trouble. I am again going from start, and will make sure that keep the toolchains backup.

Lakhan Kumar 12-24-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by druuna (Post 4855980)
Please post some more of the error as described here: 1.5. Help (1.5.3 in this case).

Don't just skip commands if they don't work. Fix the problem, then continue. Not doing so will make sure you end up with a none functioning LFS.

Also:
- Which host is being used and was it made fully compliant?
- Did you enter the chrooted environment correctly?
- Did you skip any other packages/steps?

The host in ubuntu and its fine. I have done version check too. Nops, I didnt skipped the packages, but when we are in last of ch 5 dealing with packages like tar and findutils, we may do some error, and we find about them here :D... i have rebuild tar, since it wasn't working while in chroot. But have been through ua comment that one should start from beginning so just doing that now. I think i made a mistake in findutils installation at the end of ch 5. :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:39 AM.