||10-05-2005 07:56 AM
BLFS 6.1 Xorg-6.8.2 creating 'host.def' help needed.
I have successfully installed LFS and installing BLFS now within Chroot from the host system.
I am stuck up at creating 'host.def' file. This is C file and I don't have any knowledge of C. I am not sure whether I should copy the file from the book and post it into the terminal or there is a need to uncomment any line before pasting. I am afraid that if I just copy/paste the file it would be an empty file. I am copying the file from the book here:
cat > config/cf/host.def << "EOF"
/* Begin Xorg host.def file */
/* System Related Information. If you read and configure only one
* section then it should be this one. The Intel architecture defaults
* are set for a i686 and higher. Axp is for the Alpha architecture
* and Ppc is for the Power PC. AMD64 is for the Opteron processor.
* Note that there have been reports that the Ppc optimization line
* causes segmentation faults during build. If that happens, try
* building without the DefaultGcc2PpcOpt line. ***********/
/* #define DefaultGcc2i386Opt -O2 -fno-strength-reduce \
-fno-strict-aliasing -march=i686 */
/* #define DefaultGcc2AMD64Opt -O2 -fno-strength-reduce \
/* #define DefaultGcc2AxpOpt -O2 -mcpu=ev6 */
/* #define DefaultGcc2PpcOpt -O2 -mcpu=750 */
#define HasFreetype2 YES
#define HasFontconfig YES
#define HasExpat YES
#define HasLibpng YES
#define HasZlib YES
* Which drivers to build. When building a static server, each of
* these will be included in it. When building the loadable server
* each of these modules will be built.
#define XF86CardDrivers mga glint nv tga s3virge sis rendition \
neomagic i740 tdfx savage \
cirrus vmware tseng trident chips apm \
GlideDriver fbdev i128 \
ati DevelDrivers ark \
cyrix siliconmotion vesa vga \
* Select the XInput devices you want by uncommenting this.
#define XInputDrivers mouse keyboard acecad calcomp citron \
digitaledge dmc dynapro elographics \
microtouch mutouch penmount spaceorb \
summa wacom void magictouch aiptek
/* Most installs will only need this */
#define XInputDrivers mouse keyboard
/* Disable building Xprint server and clients until we get them figured
* out but build Xprint libraries to allow precompiled binaries such as
* Acrobat Reader to run.
#define XprtServer NO
#define BuildXprintClients NO
/* Uncomment the following define if you would prefer to install X into
* /usr or change it to any other location that you prefer.
* The GL related defines disable compatibility symlinks (the links are not needed
* when X is installed in /usr).
#define ProjectRoot /usr
#define LinkGLToUsrInclude NO
#define LinkGLToUsrLib NO
/* Uncomment the following define if you would prefer to install the
* fonts into /usr/share/fonts, a directory that is fontconfig's default
* font search path.
#define FontDir /usr/share/fonts
/* End Xorg host.def file */
Also I would like to highlite the following requirement from the book:
The documentation for Xorg indicates that the application will build without a host.def file, but the included libraries for Fontconfig and FreeType2 do not build properly on a base LFS system. Therefore, you must specify that these libraries, as well as others, should be imported from the system.
I would also like to modify the file to use Intel i686 architecture and Ati Radeon driver.