Originally Posted by Anup D.
I don't know why this happened.
Linux is not configured with all-inclusive logging. If you need that you have to specifically enable it. See process accounting, syslog, audit service, iptables, other traffic accounting tools and the per-daemon configuration files. Couple of questions remain:
- How do you know it's 146 GB?
- What services are publicly accessible?
- What software do your sites run?
- Do your system and daemon logs show "odd" requests or errors?
- Is there anything else noteworthy?