Accessing and Updating MySql on Redhat Linux v9 FROM .Net application on WIN2K
Hi to all!
I have this situation in the office, wherein the management would like to include both Windows 2k and Linux Redhat v.9 in the network. A web application to be written in DotNet (C#/ASP.net) will access and update the MySQL database which resides on the Linux box. Is this possible? If yes., what are the things to be done?? If no, any work arounds that can be of help?
I will appreciate your replies on this matter.
1. Download the ODBC .NET Data Provider from:
2. Download MySql ODBC driver for Windows from:
3. Install the above two on the Windows machine
4. Make sure your Linux box running MySql would allow access from your Windows machine's IP on the TCP port MySql listens on.
5. Specify your Linux box IP address or NetBIOS name in the connection string for the OdbcDataProvider
A better and more detailed description on how to access MySql from .NET can be found here:
sample code included
Hi ludmil!! THanks for the help...:) I appreciate it!!!
I will try it right away and work on it...
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:18 AM.|