I am currently running Linux 2.6.18 kernel on ARM9 which has some application ported for sensor management. When i run my stack as mentioned in the below test, it crashes generating "SIGNAL 9" error.
My sensor management stack on startup invokes Process "A" which in turn creates lot of Processes (B, C, D etc..) for managing different modules on my board basically targeted at monitoring different sensors, board interface like LAN, Serial, etc.. When i turn off the power and turn on the power repeatedly, i see Process "A" gets SIGNAL 9 because one of the child got terminated and due to which Process "A" restarts (restarting process is part of my app algorithm). As it restarts, whole of sensor logic goes for a toss leading to unexpected behavior. I am stuck on this issue for a long time and have hit road block...
1. Firstly FW is running from SPI flash
2. As soon as my Linux kerenel starts, it would launch my app, so do i need to use ulimit before starting the main app which spans many other process?
3. How do we find which process generated SIGNAL 9?
4. Is their any way it can be avoided?
5. When the crash happens, can i get some debug log?
6. Any other suggestion would be helpful...
PS: I am having problem runnin gdb so this solution is ruled out