Requesting your help with embedded board driver
am really sorry for my first post i was not briefly write the questions so am asking your excuse, and please help me how to solve this am new for Linux Device driver, here is my question
An embedded system is compossed of an IMX53 board attached to an FPGA board. The two communicates through the IMX53 GPIOs, according to the following protocol:
- GPIO90-GPIO97(8bits) are used as bidirectional data bus. When IMX53 sends data to the FPGA board, the GPIOs are used as outputs;when the IMX53 received data from the FPGA board, the GPIOs are used as inputs
- GPIO98(1bit) is used as DATAWRITE: when the iMX53 sends data to the FPGA board this GPIO must be set to one, otherwise it should be set to zero
- GPIO99(1bits) is used as DATAREAD: when the iMX53 reads data from the FPGA board this GPIO must be set to one, otherwise it should be set to zero
The IMX53 communicates with the FPGA board using the polling technique.
you have to provide:
1. The Linux driver initialization function
2. The implementation of the read and write functions for the Linux driver
Last edited by onebuck; 02-23-2013 at 05:35 PM.
Reason: Extend the title to help members understand thread