Linux - DistributionsThis forum is for Distribution specific questions.
Red Hat, Slackware, Debian, Novell, LFS, Mandriva, Ubuntu, Fedora - the list goes on and on...
Note: An (*) indicates there is no official participation from that distribution here at LQ.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
Originally posted by sapilas if you find the ISO version of suse 8 please post the url here.
Well I am tired with the slackware. . . .no way I can configure my printer and my webcam and my wintv . . .
I wanna stop using windows and the only way is by tried all the linux disto that claim to be able to find your hardware easily..
However I am not gonna use Redhat . . and mandreka thats for sure..
you won't find the iso's anywhere.. if you want it free.. either get someone to burn it for you or download via ftp.. or buy it of course. SuSE doesn't release iso's for download, only the live evaluation version.
1. I have a modem connection which sucks...
2. I have to download it from the library (quite fast), but I have to transfer the files at home with zip-follpies in 100MB each,( I have only 7 zip-discs
3. I have only one partition in fat32 , I use it to store personal files and be able to access it from both win32 + linux
4. but that partition is only 5GB , which is not enough to put the linux stup files in it, and start the installation from the disc.
5. I am not sure if I will manage to setup my printer and web cam so I might get back to slackware and waste £45 to buy something that is gonna be old in a few months.
So I think its much easier if someone make the ISOs available..,,,
otherwise I can say linux sucks.......(just suitable to run server applications only, but not 4 my everyday workstation) windows are never gonna be abandoned cause make file easy...